Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I feel like a walking zombie!

Well, Alyssa is definently a blessing to our family and we love her dearly...but she makes sure she is not over-looked! I have never had a baby who cried...never. Not only does Miss Alyssa cry, but she screams. At least we know she has a good set of lungs on her. She HATES her baths and screams like mad when I give her one--the other kids have always LOVED their baths. And boy does she like to eat. Lets see, up every TWO (2) hours at night to feed...oh my goodness. This is all new to me. She doesn't even eat that much in the day. She can usually go three hours between feedings in the day. So, yeah, I am beat. Yesterday (or Monday, I think) I actually ran a red light. I was on my way home from Frys and I stopped at the light, as it was red. For some C-R-A-Z-Y reason I thought the light had turned green, so I went from a complete stop to moving through the light, only to hear a ***beep, beep***...well, I look up, as I'm midway through the intersection and realize that the darn light was still RED!!! Uggg...I need sleep. Thankfully no one was hurt and NO big fat TICKET! She is such a cutie though...I just can't wait to get past this "baby" stage...

5 comments:

hillari said...

that sounds like a normal baby to me! Now you know why I DO NOT like the baby stage, because my first 2 screamed non-stop for several months. Anyway, sorry it happened to you, but now you know how it was for the rest of us! Hope you get some sleep soon. :( that's tough. If you need a break, I could take them for you during the day sometime.

Anonymous said...

Good luck. I feel for you. I guess when you are #4 you need to let the family know what you want. She is a doll and I hope you get some sleep soon.

The West Family said...

We all just feel your needs and love ya. Sleep will return.

Brandi Jo said...

You poor thing! My new baby slept great until we got back from Ireland. So for the past 4 weeks... he has been getting up all night. I think he got spoiled by staying with his grandma's!

Kandice and Rob said...

You poor thing! I guess she's just claiming her place in the family... "Hello! I'm here!" That's OK, you'll get payback when she's a teenager and everything you do embarrasses her. :D