Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July Weekend...

Our fouth of July weekend was very eventful. For us it it actually started on Thurday. Eddie took Thursday off from work and his mom flew in at about midnight the night before. We had to be at St. Josephs hospital by 6:30am for Jacob's surgery. He had a cyst on the back of his ear removed. It was actually surgery # 2 for the same thing...he first had one removed last February (2007), but it decided to grow back--not fun! Here's a short video clip of the original cyst.


And here is a picture of it (as he plays the Wii) today...not very clear, but it was the best image I could get. It has 3 stitches to be removed on Wednesday.


And to continue our eventful weekend both Kaylee and Ryan came down with some sort of stomache bug, so I was washing clothes and sheets full of throw up all weekend long, not to mention the numerous baths they each got.

But it wasn't all bad...we were able to go watch some fireworks. We just went behind the business buildings in Tolleson and had front row seats to the show...the fireworks were literally being shot from the parking lot we we sitting next to.


And on Saturday we spent the afternoon up at my brothers house in Estrella Mountain Ranch. The kids had so much fun swimming in his pool and eating the yummy food. It's always fun to see grandparents; both grandmothers and their grandpa was there.

Here's Kaylee with her Aunt Leah







4 comments:

Brandi Jo said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend. Kandice Alt said her kids were a little sick this weekend too... I hope that buy is not going around again. It won't seem to leave.

Thanks for all the info on the scorpions. How did you rig up a black light? I am having a hard time thinking of how to do it to get one around my whole yard. By the way... when we saw ours about 4 months ago or so, I did a lot of research on them and you have to make sure that the spray you are using is labeled to kill scorpions. I have some stuff that is really good... expensive, but good! I'll have to let you know what it is. My brother is lisenced through AZ Structural Pest and said it was a real good kind to use. I put a ton around my door ways and in a bark area we have by our front Door. They seem to like the bark.

Kandice and Rob said...

Ugh! It must be going around. I'm glad mine was OUTDOORS with the throwing up this time! Back in April, he had it and I was just constantly doing laundry or cleaning something. I guess the up side is when it's all done, everything is pretty clean! I hope they're feeling better.

Charlene said...

In all the years we have lived out here we hadn't seen scorpions until this year, we found two. My dad got some spray at a pesticide place especially for scorpions. Since we sprayed we haven't seen any! Glad all your kiddos are doing better, looks like your fourth of July weekend ended with a happy ending :)

hillari said...

Hey--i don't know how i missed this post. The swimming looks like fun. i can't believe that cyst thing--poor kid!